The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, Director of the Postgraduate Program in Periodontics
After earning his DDS, PhD, and Certificate of Specialty in Periodontology from the Baylor College of Dentistry at Texas A&M University in Dallas, Dr. Nares completed a three-year postdoctoral fellowship at the Oral Infection and Immunity Branch of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research of the National Institutes of Health (NIDCR/NIH) at Bethesda, Md.
Dr. Nares is the author of 26 scientific articles and 28 abstracts in peer-reviewed journals, Dr. Nares also has been an invited moderator of the Astra Tech World Congress and session chair for the Astra Tech Platform for Exchange of Education and Research Symposium.
He is also a diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and a member of the American Dental Association and the International and American Associations for Dental Research, and is a reviewer of manuscripts for several dental journals.
Education & Career
- University of Texas at El Paso, BS (Microbiology), 1993
- University of Texas at El Paso, MS (Biology), 1996
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, DDS, 1997
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, PhD (Biomedical Sciences), 2001
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, Certificate (Periodontics), 2002
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Postdoctoral Fellowship (Mucosal Immunology), 2005